Company Summary: This Renewable Investment Group is a market leader in renewable energy assets across the United States. Since 2010, they have worked closely with valued communities and trusted partners to create a future power by clean energy. Currently, they have built a diversified portfolio of 60+ renewable energy projects spanning over 25 states, totaling over 6GW of generation capacity.
Location: Denver, CO (hybrid work schedule, wfh on Mondays and Fridays)
Position Summary: The individual in this role will become part of a small, inclusive, highly skilled team responsible for supporting the company's portfolio of wind and solar energy projects in a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, thoughtful problem solving, and attention to detail. This role will provide the opportunity to gain a macro view of the company's broader financial activities and learn about complex legal entity structures and transactions. It also affords substantial interaction with other departments and business areas, including Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Legal & Compliance, deal teams, developers, and asset managers.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Work on a wide variety of corporate finance initiatives with a heavy focus on managing corporate debt facilities, treasury, and FP&A.
- Debt facilities: You will work on periodic updates to models and paper works. This is inclusive of high-profile initiatives that will required coordination require coordination with internal stakeholders and external parties. Depending on individual abilities and business model, you will also be involved in other areas of corporate finance (i.e., financing transaction execution and implementation, valuations, and modelling)
- Treasury: You'll be responsible for coordinating and administering various cash payments and receipts for the company's 60+ solar and wind projects, as well as financing and corporate entities, while ensuring adequacy of funds at all times. You will work to ensure the case side of the business is functioning efficiently, and continuously develop and implement process improvements. You'll also be responsible for preparing periodic reports for financing parties and senior management
- FP&A: You'll be responsible for forecasting short-term and long-term cash position at the corporate level, tracking overall deal flow, planning for upcoming significant fundings, identifying and alleviating liquidity and covenant compliance concerns, and optimizing distributions. You'll use various existing forecasting and budgeting tools in this process while striving to build them out further and implement new ones to streamline, consolidate, and broaden our forecasting capabilities.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 1-4 years of financial experience, preferably in the energy, real estate, or financial services sectors. Experience in treasury and/or financial planning and analysis is helpful but not required.
- Proven analytical abilities, well-developed communication and organizational skills, and keen attention to detail are vital to this role.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification and renewable energy experience are beneficial but not required.
If interested in this position, please do not hesitate in submitting an application!