Engineering Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages target volume of projects annually, as defined by the clients performance metrics.
- Maintains target funding level as defined by the clients performance metrics.
- Accountable and responsible for the successful management of projects from kickoff to closing.
- Manages project scope, schedule, budget, quality, resources, communications, risk, procurement, management of change, and stakeholders to deliver a complete and successful project.
- Works with leadership team to optimize project resourcing, assist in resource forecasting, and to minimize unfunded time of team members.
- Supports employee development through the assignment of project activities that contribute to employee goals.
- Ensures compliance with project management policies and procedures by consistently applying project management methodology through each phase of the project including; initiating, planning, design & development, testing, implementation, and closing.
- Serve as primary point of contact with customers for the project; fosters customer relationships.
- Recognizes commercial issues and escalates to Account Manager as needed.
- Participates in annual reviews, goal reviews, and continuous improvement note management.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities, mainly focused on but not limited to project management tools and processes.
- Regional travel 25%
Project Manager Requirements:
- Minimum B.S. degree in engineering and 10 years' experience in industrial automation/system integration or similar field with 5 years' experience managing projects in this same area.
- Proven track-record of leading successful technical projects of size and scale on par with typical the clients projects.
- Formal, approved project management training such as PMP, PMI-ACP, or training provided by the client.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required
Nice to have:
- Sufficient technical knowledge to enable clear understanding and efficient communication between technical engineers and customer stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead through others and influence outside of direct reporting lines.