We support our client's electrical and controls needs with a wide range of design services on various electrical and control systems through the following engineering services: conceptual designs and scope development, cost estimation, economic evaluations, power studies, LEED documentation, construction documents, construction administration, startup, commissioning, programming, and procurement.
We are hiring a Controls Designer for who will be responsible for planning, organizing, and performing detailed electrical and controls design documents. This position receives general administrative direction from the division manager and senior engineers and is responsible for electrical and controls design of a few projects of varying complexity. Research applicable industry standards, analysis of systems, preliminary and detailed engineering designs. Develop engineering specifications for some items as well as project cost estimates. Alert managers to change of scope and additional services. Coordinate some aspects of project document completion. Possess ability to interpret applicable codes. Coordinate project design with other engineering disciplines.
- Minimum five (5) years of design experience or minimum of one (1) year experience with Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- Associates Degree in CAD or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or relevant discipline) are preferred.
- Experience with designing using AutoCAD or REVIT (ability to open drawings, navigate, edit text, and print)
- Assure compliance with company and client CAD standards.
- Working Knowledge of NEC (NFPA 70).
- Effectively manage multiple ongoing project and tasks.
- Capable of performing field surveys in order to document existing conditions.
- Experience in specifying and designing automation control systems for industrial, power, oil & gas, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, food & beverage facilities with significant expertise in at least one of the core industries served
- Experience in specifying both digital and analog instrumentation (Level, Flow, Pressure, Temperature, Analytical - pH, LEL, O2, CO, CO2, etc.) and integrate to construction and panel drawing sets.
- Experience in specifying Electrical Component and Field Devices (combination starters, VFD's, MCC's, pushbuttons/selector switches, heat trace, etc.)
- Capable of designing and reviewing Electrical Construction Drawing sets including but not limited to instrument location plan, conduit block and network architecture drawings
- Capable of designing and reviewing PLC control panel and motor control panel drawings
- Experience in specifying control systems for use in hazardous area locations as identified by NFPA 70
- Working knowledge of ISA standards and ability to interpret and contribute to development of P&ID
- Familiar with the design of robust safety circuits and specify components of varying industry requirements
- Working knowledge of NFPA 79