What you'll do:
- Partners with division leadership to establish strategic growth and profit objectives, results measurements and resource plan to achieve objectives; develops an individual sales goal that aligns with the overall division strategy and selling proposition to take services to market.
- Qualifies new client and opportunities that align with business strategies and model, oversees and leads the estimates and proposals for the opportunities assigned and developed/qualified.
- Recognizes opportunities that are outside of their area of expertise and quickly engages internal experts to assist in closing the deal.
- Efficiently transitions sold projects seamlessly to the design and/or management team. Identifies risks and opportunities during preconstruction and communicates clearly the scope of work and known areas of risk and opportunities within the project.
- Works with internal operations and engineering groups to jointly develop winning strategies for those opportunities that are being developed that will position us favorably.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business Administration or other related field required.
- 7-10+ years' experience within the mechanical engineering / construction industry
- Expert at preconstruction, customer relationships, sales, operational and contracting skills
- Design knowledge for HVAC, Fire Protection, Electrical, Controls, Plumbing and Process piping systems as well as , sales, and operations
- Demonstrated success in leading at the individual, team and organizational level, including the ability to develop and lead high performance work teams
- Must have a proven track record of success in sales, management and customer management in the role relevant with this position
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers and internal employees
- Understanding of the process to formulate a comprehensive estimate and proposal that aligns with the client's proposal requirements and offers a winning innovative solution that differentiates us
- Knowledge of the sales and execution of design services as normally done in the consulting engineering industry, a plus
- Some travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates that can work out of the Dulles, VA office.