The Director of Project Management is responsible for overseeing the Project Management Team and ensuring the successful completion and financial outcomes of projects.
Their duties include:
- Leading and managing the project management staff
- Developing metrics for consistent project reporting
- Ensuring project delivery meets or exceeds client expectations
- Participating in project acquisition and budget development
- Assigning project team members based on qualifications
- Reviewing pre-mobilization activities
- Ensuring project closeout meets profitability objectives.
They are also responsible for:
- Accurately forecasting project financial performance
- Monitoring project performance and expenditures
- Attending owner and project meetings
- The ideal candidate should have a
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10-15 years of experience in a lead role on construction projects, PMP certification (a plus)
- Strong leadership and coaching skill
- A team-oriented mindset
- A commitment to excellence
- Excellent business judgement and decision-making skills
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Proficiency in Pro-core, MS Office Suite, and Blue Beam/Plan Swift.