Company Summary: This company is accelerating the deployment of renewable energy for organizations that want and need it. They have developed hundreds of projects nationwide, with over 3 GW of collective development experience, $1B+ projects funded, and 5M+ lb of CO2 offset. This company is looking to expand their presences across the country and wants to bring on talented individuals to join their team.
Position Summary: This role will assist in the evaluation of complex transactions, including communicating and documenting the accounting and financial reporting implications of transactions. The role will also play a key role in the implementation of new accounting standards and the documentation of accounting policies.
The Commercial Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- Plan for and oversee the accounting for complex technical accounting transactions, including acquisitions, and other unique arrangements.
- Liaison with origination, asset acquisition and legal functions on all contracts as part of the operational and technical implementation of new agreements or transactions.
- Lead and manage cross-functional process improvement initiatives to drive simplification, consistency, and compliance around all aspects of the identified commercial process.
- Assist in implementing the adoption of new accounting and reporting standards.
- Review and track all contracts and be able to identify and resolve accounting issues related to unique business arrangements.
- Manage, produce, and review financial statements for EPC and Development subsidiaries.
- Assistance with timely submissions of inputs to third part tax team for federal, state and property tax compliance.
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including journal entry and financial statement review.
- Create company policies and transaction specific memos to facilitate internal accounting and guide deal structuring.
- Perform ad hoc special projects.
The Commercial Technical Accounting Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 7+ years experience, industry experience highly preferred
- Deep background in renewable energy financing structures or financial services
- Demonstrated expertise in FASB/GAAP and Statutory accounting proficiency
If interested in the position, do not hesitate to apply!