DB Sterlin Consultants, Inc. is an experienced, minority-owned engineering and consulting firm that delivers measurable and enduring results for its clients. Over more than two decades, our family-owned company has earned a reputation for adaptability, continuous relationship development, and professional excellence.
Our expertise in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering Services, Land Surveying, and much more has positioned DB Sterlin as a trusted advisor for clients ranging from the Illinois Department of Transportation and Illinois Tollway to the City of Chicago. Located in beautiful Downtown Chicago, DB Sterlin is continuously striving towards excellent customer service with the love of our city in mind.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Perform fundamental design and modeling tasks and assist in preparing permit applications, CAD, or GIS work
- Analyze and correlate scientific and engineering data and recognize discrepancies in results using a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Review, evaluate and verify accuracy and viability of designs, data, reports, and other documents before submitting them to the next review level while maintaining project deadlines
- Responsible for proper quality assurance and quality control on projects to ensure projects meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Spatial and design skills to be visualize projects in 2d and 3d
- Experience with Bentley Suite of products including MicroStation and ProjectWise, and AutoCad
- Knowledge of local government agency standards, specifically IDOT and Illinois Tollway
- Experience with drainage and/or transportation design
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree from an ABET accredited program
- EIT required, PE preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a related role
As a DBS team member, benefits eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
* Unlimited Vacation Policy
* Profit Sharing
* Education Assistance
* Health, Dental, Life, and LTD Insurance
* Paid Sick Time
* 401K Program
* Paid Holidays
Our main office is located near the intersection of Wacker and Randolph in the Chicago Loop. We are within blocks of various CTA stations, Union Station, and Ogilvie Transportation Center. Enjoy the newly renovated building, which includes a tenant lounge, conferencing center, fitness center, bike storage, and more.
- Must be legally eligible to work full-time in the United States. Currently DBS is not providing visa sponsorship
- DB Sterlin Consultants requires full Covid-19 vaccinated status as condition of employment with the company as per requirements of the law