LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows for us utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients that we can introduce our candidates to!
We recently started working with one of the leading Wood Pellet, Biomass Energy Production firms in the US at the moment. They are looking for a Civil Engineer to manage the project's safety scopes, budget and schedule for specific discipline that are assigned on capital projects, which will include both greenfield and brownfield projects. The ideal candidate should have experience with Capital projects up to $250 million in value from the beginning of FEED development through the commissioning of the the facility and will report to the Senior Project Manager.
Civil Engineering Scope of Work:
- Oversight and accountability and reporting of Discipline Specific Safety, budget, schedule and concerns for all of your assigned projects.
- Will be an individual contributor, but will be responsible for Civil oversight of engineering and construction contractors for all assigned projects
- Oversight of compliance with permits an consents from local and national regulatory bodies
- Lead decision making responsibility regarding Engineering, Vendor Supply Equipment and Construction contracts.
- Work with a range of contracts from self-perform through to full EPC
Civil Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter guidance and advice across Civil Engineering specific areas for the engineering and capital projects portfolio
- Lead responsibility for the project between Pre-FEED through Commissioning and Start-Up which includes:
- Scope of Work
- Cost Estimates
- Engineering Drawings
- Company Standards
- Field Implementation
- Act as the primary QA/QC Representative for construction activities in the Civil Discipline
- Change Management processes
- Participate in all of the Process Safety Activities (HAZOP, HAZID, etc) and act as the SME for civil areas of the project
- Develop project plans for civil engineering areas (design and execution)
- Ensure cost estimates are accurate and cost control measures are implemented properly
- Manage the risk register for relevant projects and propose appropriate risk mitigation's in civil engineering disciplines
- Participate in the development and oversight of construction budgets
- Drive a safety culture on site
- Act as the liaison for the relevant relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Implement industry best practice in contracting strategies, vendor selection, procurement, contract negotiation, and contract management (Scope, Size, Scale, Financial Cost)
- Where needed, work alongside project management to help develop a high performing team, ensuring smooth integration with the rest of the team
Civil Engineer Skill Requirements:
- Engineering Degree minimum of BS level (Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Petroleum, Mechanical)
- Previous experience in project or construction management role
- Prior experience with Wood Processing Industry is BENEFICIAL
- Ability to work across various teams
- Commercially aware and understands the environment in which they operate to ensure commercial and legal risk in proposals is managed through the appropriate terms and conditions
- Ability to recognize and capitalize on business opportunities
- Comfortable working on Large Capital Projects upwards of $250 million
- Ability to recognize the big picture
- Relocation Package
- Meal Coverage while traveling
Travel will be required as needed, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is quite generous and you will be expected to work on these projects for 12-18 months before moving onto the next one.