Chief Structural Engineer
A leading civil design engineering firm is looking to grow their business with a talented Chief Structural Engineer to be an asset to their Chicago team. If you are looking for a new challenge, a work life balance, and a collaborative team to achieve goals with then this opportunity is for you!
- Perform complex structural analysis and prepare design calculations
- Manage bridge/structural tasks as part of project development, including plan and report production
- Develop or assist in developing structural details and construction plans using a variety of industry standard software packages
- Assist and check design calculations performed by others
- Prepare geometric/bridge layouts, construction specifications, and material quantity calculations.
- Develop, establish and maintain relationships with our employees, clients, and other industry related organisations and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree/Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- PE licensed in Illinois; SE License is preferred
- 10+ years of structural, preferably bridge experience
- Skills: Microstation, GeoPak software
- Experience working on Illinois Department of Transportation tollway projects/smaller municipal projects preferred