A solar EPC company is looking for a diligent and team oriented Chief Electrical Engineer in the Tri State area! The Chief Engineer will be working with engineering, operations, estimating, and business development teams to support in house projects and acquire new business. In this role, you can also expect to work with customers and other project stakeholders which will require cross functional skills and close coordination with different internal teams. The Chief Electrical Engineer will act as the Director of Engineering's right hand and have the opportunity to learn and grow in a leadership position.
- Review and develop detailed layouts and electrical design packages for solar PV systems that meet contractual, code, and permitting requirements
- Coordinate with engineering firms to obtain detailed design packages from 3rd party vendors/firms
- Lead project interconnection approval as the primary contact with the interconnecting utilities from application process through final design approval
- Work with clients, State and local permitting authorities, subcontractors, and vendors to address technical issue with the solar PV system
- Develop technical specifications and scopes of work for engineering firms and contractors
- BS in Engineering
- 8 years designing electrical power generations systems
- Experience with medium or high voltage electrical interconnection design
- Experience in high voltage substation
- PE license preferred
- Proficiency in ETAP and/or SKM power system analysis is a plus
- Generous bonus
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Wellness Programs
If you could see yourself doing well in this position, but don't have all qualifications, please still apply!