Our Transportation Construction, Engineering and Inspection group assists in all levels of federal, public, private and international organizations by offering planning, design, and construction services for transportation systems that reflect community needs. Our value-added program management, best-in-class design-build expertise, and unparalleled sustainability and economic solutions, build partnerships and create solutions for current and future environmental and infrastructure challenges.
My client currently has a new opportunity for a CEI Transportation Senior Project Engineer within our CEI group in the Orlando, Florida market. As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Assisting in establishing new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Assisting in developing and implementing new strategies to enhance our CEI capabilities
- Assist in planning and overseeing CEI work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, coordinating
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Transportation, or Structural Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 12 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
- Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices.
- Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulations. Basic knowledge of design standards (AASHTO, NACTO, etc.).