A global Water Treatment Chemical MNC is looking for a Business Development Manager for Pulp clients within the Pulp & Paper industry in China.
Report line: Sales Director
Working location: China, preferably Shanghai
Products: Water Treatment Chemicals for Pulp and Paper industry
- Expand market penetration for pulp business in China. Identify new customers and opportunities within region and grow business
- Focused on growing business and improving market position within China. This individual will lead the creation and implementation of sales initiatives aligned with the Corporate Accounts team growth strategy to expand our market share.
- Responsible for driving new product introductions as key component to new customer acquisition strategy. Develop market intelligence and provide feedback to marketing and technology teams. Develop and foster relationships with key executives and strategic customers.
- Identify and develop new customer and project opportunities in line with the business strategy in building and expanding profitable market share with existing and new customers in China, implement appropriate action plans to fully commercialization in response.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project execution within the region, develop and drive business proposals to win new business in the region by leveraging related resources.
- Work with commercial team to maintain project schedules, commercial sales status and other planning information.
- Maintain high-level contact with key decision makers at paper/pulp mills in China.
- Manage the use of internal/external and shared resources during project planning and due diligence.
- Propose action plans to improve short- and long-term sales.
- Keep the company updated on market trends, competitor activity and other key industry events
- Minimum 8 years working experience in Chemical Industry including 2-3 years business development or managerial experience.
- Solid paper/pulp industry experience and high level/influential contacts in China
- Fluent English Language Skills for project management and business communications.
- Good computer skills in excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel around domestically and regionally
If you are interested, please apply with your English and Chinese CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.