LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows us to utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients which we can introduce our candidates to!
Job Title: Manager, Business Development
Location: San Francisco, CA (Open to Remote)
Reporting to the Managing Director of Business Development, the role is responsible for valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and execution of utility scale clean energy (wind, solar, energy storage, and green hydrogen) acquisition opportunities as well as strategy, structuring, and pricing support for development and power marketing. This role is primarily focused on markets in the central part of the country (ERCOT, SPP, and MISO) but will collaborate regularly with colleagues covering the west and east regions.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results
* Manage the project acquisition process: support origination, structuring, due diligence, and closing of solar, wind, energy storage, and green hydrogen project acquisitions as a key member / leader of a transaction team.
o Coordinate with internal constituents and third-party consultants to perform due diligence activities.
o Work with development, engineering, and capital market teams to ensure accurate capture of key inputs and conformance with underwriting guidelines, investment metrics and forecasted cash flows. Run sensitivity analyses and generate ideas to optimize valuations and transaction structures.
o Exceptional quantitative skills required - comfort owning the financial models is a must.
o Prepare detailed memos and presentations for senior management and investment committee.
* Play a lead role in driving strategy and execution in emerging growth segments including green hydrogen/ammonia, non-traditional offtake, and standalone storage.
o In consultation with external and internal resources, develop market assessments, production cost models, analytical tools, and business cases for early investments in emerging growth segments.
o Help connect the dots internally to reposition existing assets (development or operating) for opportunities in emerging growth segments.
o Support formation and ongoing management of strategic partnerships with major equipment suppliers, operators, investors, project developers, and other value chain participants.
* Support on-going origination, development, and financing activities for projects that the client owns.
o Support pricing analysis and bidding strategy to originate offtake contracts for the client's 25 GW+ development portfolio of utility scale wind, solar, and energy storage projects.
o Work with functional groups, third party consultants, and various other stakeholders to drive projects forward and perform quantitative analyses to support development and financing decisions.
* Lead strategic initiatives aimed at improving analytical tools and informing key business activities.
o Assist with ongoing efforts to improve financial optimization, underwriting, deal tracking, etc.
o Develop innovative financial and offtake structures and improve existing quantitative analysis tools.
Knowledge & Skills
* A driven self-starter with strong problem-solving and communication skills.
* Strong aptitude for analytical and financial modeling with demonstrated attention to detail. Advanced capabilities in Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
* Excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills. Ability to summarize complex issues and identify opportunities or next steps is critical.
* Robust organizational skills with a mindset towards pursuing simple and efficient solutions.
* Ability to manage simultaneous projects/work streams, set priorities, and exercise independent judgment.
* Interest in developing leadership skills and desire to growth personally and professionally within our organization.
* Bachelor's Degree required in finance, business administration, economics, or engineering. Master's Degree, CFA, or other ongoing education a plus.
* 4+ years of relevant work or internship experience at a U.S. solar, wind, or energy storage development company / Independent Power Producer in a M&A, finance, or development role with specific focus on financial modeling and valuation or relevant, transferable experience in investment banking or private equity (or similar).
* Experience navigating discounted cash flow models is required.
* Experience with VBA or other programming languages is a bonus.
If interested, feel free to apply!