Job Title: Business Development Associate
Summary: One of the largest renewable energy owners in the US is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. They have installed a total of over 7500 net MW within wind and solar projects. Each and every day this team continues to add more and more projects as the industry continues to boom and they continue to be at the forefront of these spaces.
As a key member of an team of investment and project development professionals, the Associate will have responsibility for supporting commercial strategy for the various projects as well as the valuation, due diligence, and execution of project acquisition opportunities. This role is will involve collaboration with many teams all across the US.
The Business Development Associate will be responsible for:
- Asset origination and acquisition: Support origination, structuring, and closing of high-quality, profitable renewable projects as a key member of a transaction team.
- Maintaining, creating, and interpreting project finance models.
- Run sensitivity analyses and generate ideas to optimize valuation.
- Coordinate with functional teams on due diligence and financial model inputs to qualify project investments prior to executing acquisition documents.
- Prepare detailed memos and presentations for senior management and investment committee.
- Create and manage tools to monitor market activity and track internal origination strategy to identify new growth areas and M&A targets.
- Support on-going origination, development, and financing activities for projects
The Business Development Associate should have the following qualifications:
- A driven self-starter with strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for analytical and financial modeling with demonstrated attention to detail. Advanced capabilities in Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills. Ability to summarize complex issues and identify opportunities or next steps is critical.
- Robust organizational skills with a mindset towards pursuing simple and efficient solutions.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects/work streams, set priorities, and exercise independent judgment.
- Interest in developing leadership skills and desire to grow personally and professionally within our organization.
- Bachelor's Degree with a strong academic record from a leading undergraduate program in finance, business administration, economics, engineering, or computer science. Master's Degree, CFA, or other ongoing education a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a finance with development experience with specific focus on financial modeling.
- Fundamental knowledge in renewable energy, clean tech, power markets, or infrastructure finance with prior internship (or similar) experience in these fields.
- Experience navigating discounted cash flow models is required.
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to apply!