LVI are working with an established, award winning building envelope consulting firm who are looking for a talented engineer/architect/consultant to join their growing team of professionals in Houston, Texas. Unlike other companies in this industry, my client pride themselves in going above and beyond in the investment they make in their employees, for example supporting individuals studying for licenses and credentials to having regular progress meetings to see how they can help consultants achieve their personal targets.
- At least 4 years building envelope/enclosure/restoration experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred.
- IIBEC credential desired (RRC/RWC/REWC/RBEC).
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations, construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting, and design repair.
The ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following:
- Evaluating, investigating, and designing unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
Do you feel as though this particular does not role fit with your experience, but are still interested in progressing you career with other opportunities? Connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn and send your resume over to discuss other options.