In this Senior-level role, you will provide building enclosure and waterproofing services to clients and develop your own projects. This position will establish, maintain, and serve local and national clients. You will serve as the primary client contact on projects related to new construction and existing building structures, including the waterproofing design and evaluation of below-grade foundation systems, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and façade systems, and roofing assemblies.
The Senior Building Envelope Consultant will lead team efforts on forensic investigations, behavior evaluations, condition assessments using non-destructive and destructive testing methods, and the development of the waterproofing design. You will lead team members in the development of construction documents, technical specifications, construction administration services, and third-party inspections for the Building Envelope and Forensic Restoration Team.
- Management of various building envelope projects ranging from investigation to construction administration phase.
- Writing proposals and scope of work descriptions for projects.
- Leading team in the development of building envelope contract documents, including technical specifications.
- Leading team for detailed site inspections and writing of evaluation reports.
- Peer review of enclosure details and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- 10 plus years of previous building envelope and waterproofing experience, 5 years of which include managing building envelope projects in California and the surrounding states.
- High-level knowledge of various building enclosure systems, materials, and products.
- Experience in new construction building envelope design and technical analysis of existing buildings.
- Knowledge of ASTM & AAMA standards and testing procedures related to building envelope evaluation and waterproofing, including California Building Code requirements.
- Experience compiling response packages for RFQ/RFP requests.
- Willingness to travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.