My client is looking for a Senior Building Enclosure Consultant specializing in new and existing building enclosures, roofing, and/or waterproofing systems to come in and make an impact in their Ohio Office.
Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of the design, construction, investigation, and repair of these systems, you will manage projects, be a mentor to up-and-coming staff, and grow client relationships, while still getting to do the hands-on technical work you are passionate about.
Successful candidates will work in a collaborative environment, supported by the company's collective technical knowledge, the state-of-the-art laboratory and testing capabilities, and a team of enthusiastic professionals dedicated to delivering practical, yet ground-breaking solutions in the structural world.
My client is an employee-owned company that employs extraordinary people at all levels of their organization - people with a focus on building a positive culture, an inquisitive mindset and are open to learning, a strong desire to be innovative and excel, and a willingness to work collaboratively. They offer competitive compensation and benefits, and the culture is one of trust and personal responsibility, where every position is important, and every individual is expected and supported to succeed in their career.
- Project management, including developing project scope, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables
- Preparation of project deliverables, including but not limited to: proposals, analysis results, repair alternates, construction drawings, specifications, and technical reports
- On-site investigation, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, performance evaluation and field testing, collecting data and samples, and preparing site visit reports
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company development initiatives, participation with in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs), involvement in professional organizations, and business development to attract new and repeat clients
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer in Ohio
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or Master's degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or related field
- Experience in the industry, including significant technical experience in architectural detailing of building enclosure, roofing, and waterproofing components and assemblies, particularly the interface of different assemblies or components
- Experience with some or all of the following materials and systems: glazing systems, insulation and air barriers, cladding assemblies, low- and steep-slope roofing, below-grade and plaza/terrace waterproofing, traffic coatings, and green roofs
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills