LVI are working with an established, award-winning building envelope consulting firm who are looking for a talented Building Envelope Consultant to join their growing team of professionals in Texas, with positions open in Dallas, Houston and Austin.
The successful candidate will engage with a variety of tasks, including forensic investigation, condition assessment, development of construction documents, construction administration, and third-party envelope QA inspection. Projects will often include waterproofing and structural evaluations of parking structures, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and façade systems, elevated structures, and roofing assemblies among other things.
- At least 5 years building envelope consultancy experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture (essential).
- Registered Engineer or Architect in the state of Texas strongly preferred.
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations, construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting, and design repair.
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture-induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third-party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas