LVI are working with an established, award winning building envelope consulting firm who are looking for a talented Building Envelope Consultant to join their growing team of professionals in Austin, Texas.
This company pride themselves on the satisfaction and personal growth of their employees, by supporting employee study for additional licenses/credentials and to having regular progress meetings to see how they can help consultants achieve their personal targets.
This position will involve a variety of tasks, including forensic investigation, condition assessment, development of construction documents, construction administration, and third-party envelope QA inspection. Projects will often include waterproofing and structural evaluations of parking structures, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and façade systems, elevated structures, and roofing assemblies among other things.
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture-induced damage.
- Possess experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third-party peer reviews of building enclosures for both construct-ability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtain walls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
- At least 2-5 years building envelope restoration experience.
- IIBEC certification (RRO/RRC/REWO/REWC/RWC/RBEC) required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred, but not essential.
- The desire to engage in hands-on field investigations, construction administration, restoration, rehabilitation, leak investigation, facade consulting, and design repair.
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas!