My client, a multi-disciplinary engineering & architecture firm in Washington are growing and are looking to bring on a talented and ambitious building envelope/restoration consultant within their Washington DC office.
I am currently seeking a Building Enclosure Consultant to perform as a Project Manager on building enclosure projects of low to medium complexity. The successful candidate will be required to plan and execute specific project plans, and deliver quality services to the client in a timely manner and serve as the primary contact between the client's project team and the client. Furthermore, the successful candidate will manage multiple projects as well as existing building investigations and consulting, and will be responsible for the results of assigned projects.
My client is a leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm providing innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges.The firm has been recognised for their quality services, as such, are given the opportunity to work on some of the most recognisable buildings in Washington DC. By focusing on providing engineering and design services, the firm are praised on their quality services are based on the in-depth experience and expertise of their engineers, consultants, and all of their staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related field (preferable)
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of building enclosure systems (roofing, below grade waterproofing, or vertical wall systems.
- Knowledge of project approach and systems design.
- Excellent communication skills and articulation ability.
- Project management or supervisory experience preferable.
- Ability to provide written reports to clients.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Completes the project scope and requirements with the client and other stakeholders and communicates project scope and requirements to the project team
- Prepares and implements a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects
- Performs condition surveys and failure investigations of existing buildings related to building enclosure air and moisture leakage
- Designs repairs to correct the root cause of investigated enclosure issues
- Coordinates and directs or performs enclosure testing
- Oversees the profitability of the project by negotiating fees and contracts as may be appropriate, participating in the budgeting process, and ensuring that invoices are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Schedules work, communicates schedule information to the project team, and monitors manpower requirements
- Performs project job site visits to investigate field conditions, monitor progress, and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes during construction
- Supervises the job close out process to ensure documentation, lessons learned, and filings are complete