This is an opportunity to join in an engineering company specializing in roofing, waterproofing and building enclosure design and consulting.
With this company, you will work on some of the most recognisable buildings in Washington DC. They have worked on historic buildings such as the White House, the Lincoln and Jefferson memorials, the Pentagon, various House and Senate office buildings, the Supreme Court, the Library Congress buildings, the Federal triangle buildings and some smithsonian instutition museums.
They are looking for a Senior Project Engineer.
- Perform field surveys and prepare condition reports of existing roofing, waterproofing, facade and paving systems
- Prepare drawings, specifications and bid documents for maintenance, repair and replacement work
- Perform construction compliance inspections and prepare inspection reports
- Perform Project Manager duties and help oversee scheduling of technical staff
- Perform business development tasks, including proposal writing
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited school
- Good drafting and communication skills
- Comfortable on ladders and roofs (most roofs are flat, not sloped)
- Familiarity with current versions of Windows, Word, Excel
- Familiarity with AutoCad or other computer-aided design software
- U.S. citizen