- Firstly, it's a BIG CHANGE
- HOT Existing/NEW Construction Market
- Great Schools
- Amazing Weather
- Copious amounts of opportunity
- Great people
- Great food
- Island Living - Travels and Scenery
- Working Less for More
Granted, the cost of living is relatively in-line with the Majority of the West Coast and the Pacific Northwest, this opportunity will likely make it worth it!
Why this position?:
Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of the design, construction, investigation, and repair of various new and existing building enclosure systems. You will manage projects, mentor up-and-coming staff, and foster new and existing client relationships, all while still getting to do the hands-on technical work you are passionate about.
The company are 100% employee-owned that employs extraordinary people at all levels. Those who are passionate about quality, focus and making a difference. We are looking for people with outstanding character, a lifelong-learner mindset, a strong desire to be innovative and excel, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
They offer competitive compensation and benefits, a flexible work environment, and a culture of trust and personal responsibility, where their people are given the resources and the latitude to thrive professionally.
What will be your responsibilities?:
- Project management, including developing project scope, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables
- On-site investigation, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, performance evaluation and field testing, and collecting data and samples
- Preparation of project deliverables, including but not limited to: proposals, analysis results, repair alternates, construction drawings, specifications, and technical reports
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company development initiatives
What qualifications do you need?:
- Ten plus years in the industry (15+ preferred), including significant technical experience in architectural detailing of building enclosure, roofing, and waterproofing components and assemblies, particularly the interface of different assemblies or components
- Licensed Architect or PE in Hawaii or ability to obtain by comity
- Bachelor of Architecture, CIVIL/STRUCTURAL degree or Master's degree in the relevant field
- Familiarity with some or all of the following materials and systems: glazing systems, insulation and air barriers, cladding assemblies, low- and steep-slope roofing, below-grade and plaza/terrace waterproofing, traffic coatings, and green roofs
- Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in transitioning quickly between multiple priorities while maintaining effective coworker and client relationships