An AV (Audio-Visual) Programmer is responsible for designing and programming custom audio-visual systems for various applications, such as conference rooms, theatres, hotels, and other commercial or residential spaces. The AV Programmer works with clients, project managers, and engineers to create user-friendly systems that meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
The following are some common job duties and responsibilities of an AV Programmer:
- Design and program audio-visual systems using programming languages, such as Crestron, AMX, Extron, or Q-SYS.
- Collaborate with clients, project managers, and engineers to gather requirements, design specifications, and create project plans.
- Create system schematics and diagrams, including signal flows, network architecture, and device connections.
- Configure and integrate hardware components, such as video conferencing systems, sound systems, projectors, screens, and lighting controls.
- Write and test code for automation, including custom user interfaces, macros, and scripting.
- Troubleshoot and debug systems, both remotely and on-site, using a range of diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Provide training and support to end-users, including system operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and industry trends, and provide recommendations for system improvements and upgrades.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing and programming AV systems.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Crestron, AMX, Extron, or Q-SYS.
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment, such as video conferencing systems, sound systems, projectors, screens, and lighting controls.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in project management and client relationship management is a plus.