Responsible for testing and commissioning AV Systems to provide fully functional systems that meet our quality standards. Must have ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems in a senior service support role
- Create and comprehend advanced system drawings, specifications and technical manuals
- Configure AV equipment such as media control systems (AMX/Crestron/Extron), DSPs, matrix mixers and switchers, codecs (Tandberg/Polycom)
- Load, test and debug Control programming for major control manufacturers such as Crestron and AMX
- Configure IP addressable devices and have a basic understanding of Data Networking.
- Oversight of installations from a quality control standpoint.
- Responsible for configuring and testing systems to bring them from an installed system to a fully functional system.
- Contribute on projects from initial estimating phase through final inspections and commissioning
- Design, engineer and operate most types of AV systems and equipment
- 5 years or more of previous employment in an engineering or technical position with an AV integration firm, preferably with design and installation related responsibilities
- Hold an AVIXA certification as a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS, CTS-I or CTS-D) or higher, or a NSCA-EST Level One certification
- Hold current technical certifications from several major AV equipment manufacturers, such as Crestron, Extron, Clear One, AMX or similar firms
- Possess a college degree in a technology related field (may substitute four more years of AV work experience in lieu of a college degree)
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.