My client is a well established company, operating similar to a start-up but with the support and backing of Blackstone Energy Partners, hoping to bring on a business development professional to join their expanding Origination team. This individual will be responsible for generating leads for new commercial/industrial customer relationships; managing existing client relationships; running financial models; and supporting the negotiation of commercial documents.
The Associate of Origination would be responsible for…
- Identifying, generating, and pursuing new customer opportunities across the United States primarily focused on on-site solar and energy storage projects for commercial, industrial, and public sector entities.
- Working collaboratively with other teams within the company (Engineering, Finance, Legal, Asset Management,) to ensure success in proposals, presentations, term sheets, and other activities during a project's life cycle.
- Playing a part in analyzing and negotiating commercial documents like PPAs, EPCs, Site Control agreements, and Asset Purchase agreements alongside the teams' senior originators and legal counsel.
- Drafting RFP and RFQ responses.
- In-person and virtual customer facing sales calls.
The Associate of Origination should have the following qualifications…
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2-4 years of direct solar and/or energy storage origination, sales, or prospecting experience.
- Ability to operate and collaborate effectively in a cross-functional and fast paced environment.
- Experience presenting to clients and senior executives.
- Experience assisting in negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of financial modeling of clean energy projects and incentive.
- Located in New York City with the ability to come into office Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, STEM, sustainability studies or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. power markets.
- Familiar with Salesforce or CRM product.