My client is looking to bring on a business development professional to join their Origination team as an Origination Associate. This individual will generate leads for new commercial/industrial customer relationships through client research and proposal generation; manage client relationships; run financial models; and support the negotiation of offtake agreements and related commercial agreements.
The Origination Associate will be responsible for…
- Selling clean energy solutions via Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and other commercial and financial products.
- Prospecting for, generating, and pursuing new customer opportunities across the U.S. focusing on on-site solar and energy storage projects for commercial, industrial, and public sector entities.
- Conducting in-person and virtual customer facing sales calls.
- Working with customers to understand their renewable power objectives and craft solutions to meet those objectives.
- Working with the Renewables team (Engineering, Finance, Legal, Asset Management,) to ensure a smooth work flow for proposals, presentations, term sheets, and other activities during a project's life-cycle.
- Assisting with analyzing and negotiating commercial documents like PPAs, EPCs, Site Control agreements, and Asset Purchase agreements.
- Utilizing Salesforce and internal tools to determine project viability and optimization.
- Leading the drafting of RFP and RFQ responses.
- Creating customized proposals and bid documents in Power Point and MS Word for project opportunities and external clients.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-4 years of direct solar and/or energy storage origination, sales or prospecting experience.
- Experience presenting to clients and senior executives.
- Experience assisting in negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Strong analytic skills and knowledge of financial modeling of clean energy projects and incentive.
- Advanced degree in business administration, a STEM specialty, sustainability studies or other applicable field
- Demonstrated understanding of U.S. power markets
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM product
Hybrid in-office schedule M-T-Th