Company Summary: One of the largest renewable energy owners in the US is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. They own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As they develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, their 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions for their customers today.
Position Summary: The Mergers & Acquisitions group is seeking an Associate to support the origination, structuring, negotiation and execution of acquisitions, divestitures and investments for the company's portfolio of energy infrastructure assets. This is a highly-visible role within the organization and presents an opportunity to gain significant exposure to the North American energy infrastructure sector in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Location: This position is open to remote work, however, there is a strong preference for the NYC/NJ metro area or hybrid work in their five office locations: Carlsbad and San Francisco, CA, Denver, CO, Scottsdale, AZ, Houston, TX.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with senior team members to identify and evaluate potential acquisition and investment opportunities
- Develop detailed financial models for M&A transactions
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence activities, including coordinating with operations, environmental, legal, tax and accounting teams to validate assumptions
- Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors
- Conduct research and analysis to screen and qualify potential M&A opportunities
- Assist with the development of broader strategic initiatives and investment strategies.
- Maintain confidentiality & sensitivity with respect to all functions of DEI
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate finance or management consulting experience
- BA / BS from an accredited institution in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting, or a similarly quantitative / analytical field
- Strong fundamental understanding of finance, accounting and valuation principles
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing and managing complex financial models
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
This company will not sponsor nonimmigrant visas for this position (H-1B, TN, E-3, etc.).