Company Summary: This renewable energy company drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, they solve energy challenges faced by their communities. They provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. Currently, they have 110 wind projects, 49 solar projects, 18 storage projects, and 13 natural gas projects.
Position Summary: As an Associate, Finance and Capital Markets, you will support and manage all aspects of project finance transactions involving renewable energy projects, natural gas fired, hydrogen and battery storage technologies. Key responsibilities include creating and managing complex financial models, managing the due diligence process, and coordination with external financing parties to support closing and funding of the transactions.
Location: Chicago, IL (hybrid work model)
The responsibilities of the Associate will include:
- Support and manage project finance transactions, including construction debt, term debt, working capital, tax equity investments, and cash equity investments.
- Manage project and portfolio-level financings for operating projects, including lender relationships and reporting activities.
- Assist in due diligence and analysis of tax equity partnership restructurings, project debt refinancings, equity buyouts, and asset divestitures.
- Develop and manage project and corporate financial models to analyze project and partnership level performance of operating wind, solar, thermal and storage projects. Synthesize and communicate project economic summaries to senior management.
- Support project finance activities during construction, term conversion, equity funding and operations.
- Maintain relationships with lenders and equity partners.
- Support execution of funding obligations in development loans, joint venture agreements, borrowings and disbursements.
- Create business development models and support development team in analyzing new opportunities.
- Collaborate with project engineers, developers, asset managers, originators, and tax and accounting professionals to develop and refine appropriate assumptions for project models.
- Manage due diligence and closing process for financing transactions including coordination with internal teams and external financial partners.
- Interpret and review terms in shareholder and partnership agreements, operating agreements, financing agreements, and power purchase agreements to identify issues that may impact project level and corporate financing.
- Support corporate finance activities, including cash management and compliance with corporate loan facilities.
The Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in finance, banking, consulting, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex financing models in Excel.
- Familiarity in reading and interpreting commercial contracts and agreements.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses self-starter qualities with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize several concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment.
If interested in the position, please feel free to apply.