My client is an employee-owned construction company that focuses on Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. They are seeking Project Engineers and Assistant Superintendents who are looking to gain more experience in the field, training under a Senior Superintendent and progressing into a Superintendent role.
They currently have two projects located in the Cape Cod area, one in Mashpee and one in Martha's Vineyard. They offer four, ten-hour days (Mon-Thurs) as well as lodging and food and much more.
If this position is something you might be interested in pursuing, take a look at the responsibilities and requirements below and apply!
- Prepare Take-Offs, solicit pricing from three (3) suppliers and purchase materials remaining to be bought out for the project
- Calculate and order Concrete and Aggregate Materials
- Provide site layout, shooting grades from benchmarks, marking out elevations, establishing building location and column/wall lines.
- Receive and record deliveries, including cost coding of delivery slips, verifying quantities, inspecting for damages, and reporting any shortages and/or damages immediately.
- Prepare RFI's (Requests for Information) documents to be submitted to the Engineer.
- Verify Subcontractors insurance certificates and OSHA certifications are on site before the subcontractor starts work.
- Monitor safety and immediately report any deviations from the safety plan to the project superintendent and the project manager.
- Maintain a set of Record Documents and other closeout documentation as required
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
- 1-5 years of construction experience
- Water & Wastewater experience a plus
- Ability to travel to Cape Cod, MA (Per Diem)