This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. Clients include residential, commercial, industrial, hospitality, and institutional clients from throughout the eastern United States.
- Identify, develop, and manage project pursuit opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of land entitlement permitting documents
- Develop project scopes and work plans for effective and efficient delivery of design services.
- Lead a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of small, medium, and large land development projects
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a variety of projects including large-scale industrial developments, corporate/commercial, residential, institutional, hospitality, healthcare, parks and recreation and various other types of public and private site development
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Verbal presentation and representation of projects
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Travel as necessary to service projects/design
- Work with and coordinates with Regional Land Development Market and Service Leaders
- Manage team workload and actively develop and mentor junior-level and mid-level staff
Skills and Attributes
- Proven record of strong business development, building and maintain strong Client relationships, strategic planning, and pursuits
- Highly Proficient in the following: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Project, MS Office. ArcGIS skills highly desirable
- Skills to implement the integrated services approach. Comprehensive understanding of design, details, and construction drawing preparation including site layout, grading, hardscape, drainage, and planting.
- Knowledge of land development construction including codes and development regulations
- Knowledge of construction materials and detailing. Detail drawings, sections, and material specifications
- Experience with green initiative programs and low-impact design (LEED, Envision)
- Excellent innovative design skills.
- Project research and analysis
- Strong, creative engineering skills and ability to adhere to office standards
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 12+ years of increasing engineering experience on complex projects and team management
- PE licensure in Florida
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects.
- Strong project coordination and project management skills
- Strong team collaboration skills and proven record of building and managing the team of land development engineers, planners, and landscape architects.
- Comfortable in coordinating input from various organizations for public/private collaboration, including multi-discipline project efforts working with allied professionals such as architects, civil engineers, and planners
- Experience in developing and compiling/producing site plans, construction documents, specification, and engineering reports