Application Marketing Manager (Piping)
This company is an a leading provider in innovative plastics products with presence globally.
About the Role: Responsible to maximize profit for a specific market, application or geographical area through innovation and new product development based on market needs. This would include marketing and commercial positioning of the products based on detailed understanding of customer's perceived value of products and what the market competitors are offering.
Responsible for market growth strategy including value chain marketing to substitute alternative solutions in utilities infrastructure and hot and cold water segment.
Area of responsibility
* Integrate growth strategy for Asia South regions into defined marketing strategy
* Work closely with Head of Manager to define marketing strategy and seek inputs from other functions
* Oversee the set up and roll-out and implementation of the marketing strategy, monitor progress and take corrective actions when necessary
* Define, prioritize and select market and customer opportunities thorough understanding of the value chain, strengths and weakness of products and one's competitive position
* Observe trends, capture leads and opportunities and translate into potential pipe demand and devise strategy to nurture into commercial opportunities with sales and ADE.
* Initiate development of differentiated products or product improvements based upon defined customer and market needs and work closely with relevant departments to develop products
* Run and maintain operational readiness of systems and processes to ensure products and services adhere to defined quality standards
* Manage assigned innovation projects in a project manager role
* Define the marketing mix
* Define and implement marketing communication initiatives
* Support and coach the activities of Sales and Technical Service by providing sales and marketing tools and training
* Co-ordinate and support product development and R&D during the different stages of a project to ensure alignment and fit between market and customer
* Coordinate with sales and ADE for promotional webinars with external customers
* Develop action plans for specific customers and end users to implement marketing strategy
* Lead in customer and application project portfolio and oversee the implementation
* Maintain frequent contact with key customers to understand current and future market and customer requirements
* Develop liaisons with key players in the value chain
* Develop liaisons with relevant industry organizations to gather information, improve image of company and influence industry's future direction
* Participate as proactive member in meetings with other departments (like R&D and manufacturing) to ensure the right customer fit and appropriate product mix
* University degree preferably in Engineering
* MBA or post-graduate qualifications in Marketing will be an advantage.
* Minimum 5-8 years of relevant work experience in technical service, product development and market development
* Thorough understanding the structure and the factors that influence demand, profitability and innovation
* Commercial and market acumen and translate into actions to capture opportunities
* Detailed technical and commercial understanding of the products and their applications
* Thorough strategic understanding of customers and other value chain members' needs and the ability to match this with company product, innovation, asset technology and technical capabilities
* Good knowledge of marketing sales management techniques
* Excellent customer relationship skills
* Good presentation and project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
*Based in Singapore
*Piping experience is required