We have a current opportunity for a Head of Offshore Project Services on a permanent basis.
The Head of Offshore Project Services will be responsible for leading and managing the procurement, project controls, and specialist offshore engineering disciplines related to offshore wind farm projects across the Asia-Pacific region.
The role, being a key management position within a large renewable energy focused independent power producer (IPP), will require strong leadership, project management, and technical expertise in the renewable energy sector.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing offshore wind farm projects of various sizes, a track record of successful planning, management, and delivery, and the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
The position will be based in either Taiwan, Korea or Japan. For further information about this position please apply.
Leadership and Stakeholder Management:
- Lead and manage a team of project services professionals across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including senior management, suppliers, contractors, and regulatory bodies.
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on project services activities and project performance.
- Establish procurement practices specific and suited to offshore wind farm projects in target markets, and in collaboration with a broader corporate procurement function, and in accordance with approved policies.
- Lead a procurement team in the establishment and effective management of relationships with key areas of the offshore wind supply-chain.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and plans for offshore wind farm projects, in partnership with development, execution, operation and asset management teams.
- Oversee project-specific tendering process and negotiations with suppliers and contractors to ensure consistency in approach and contracting terms.
- Monitor and report on procurement activities, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions, where necessary.
- Develop and implement project control processes and systems to ensure project delivery is on time, within budget, and meets quality requirements.
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and forecasts, and report on project performance to senior management.
- Identify and manage project risks and opportunities, and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards for project controls.
Specialist Offshore Engineering:
- Manage and provide technical expertise in specialist offshore engineering disciplines such as seabed surveys, structural and electrical design (including offshore substations), logistics, and installation.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and company policies and procedures in specialist offshore engineering disciplines.
- Collaborate with and complement broader technical services within the company to ensure project delivery is on time, within budget, and meets quality requirements.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to improve project performance in specialist offshore engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Project Management, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project management, procurement, or project controls in the renewable energy or related industry.
- Experience in planning, managing, and delivering offshore wind farm projects of various sizes.
- Strong technical knowledge of offshore wind farm design, engineering, and construction.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of Japanese, Korean, and/or Chinese would be an advantage.
Don't hesitate to apply if interested!