We are working with a client that is a Power House in the environmental industry and they are looking for an Air Quality Engineer. It has a very flexible hybrid schedule in the Chicago area. As an Environmental Air Quality Engineer for an ever-growing firm, you will be a part of a team that meets the thrilling and diverse challenges that are coming from our growing list of clients within the Midwest.
- Perform engineering calculations, compiling permit application documents, meeting and coordinating with clients
- Manage projects and junior staff
- Oversee scheduling, budget, and large projects with clients
- Estimating emissions and conducting engineering evaluations of air pollution sources
- Conducting computer modeling of air pollution dispersion
- Performing statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data
- Analyzing pollution control measures
- Conducting air monitoring and indoor air quality analysis
- Preparing air quality permit applications and environmental impact reports
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Maintaining client relationships and managing the development of deliverables to meet client needs in an efficient manner.
- Serving as the technical lead overseeing Consultant-level staff on complex projects
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering or science discipline (air quality course work is a plus)
- 10+ years of air quality or related experience
- Experience within utilities/pharmacuetical/chemicals/ industrial clients
- Strong computing skills including high level use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Strong written/verbal communication, problem-solving and organization skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding, interpreting, and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations
- Programming, database and GIS skills are preferred but not required
If interested, please apply!