We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Air Quality Engineer to join our team in California. As an Air Quality Engineer, you will play a key role in assessing, monitoring, and improving air quality to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and protect public health and the environment. Your expertise in air pollution control, emissions monitoring, and environmental regulations will be essential in supporting our organization's commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship.
- Conduct air quality assessments and develop strategies to minimize air pollution impacts on human health and the environment.
- Design, implement, and manage air monitoring programs to measure and analyze various air pollutants in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Perform emission calculations, modeling, and dispersion analysis to evaluate the impact of industrial processes, transportation, and other sources on air quality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement air pollution control plans, including the identification and evaluation of mitigation measures.
- Ensure compliance with relevant air quality regulations, permits, and standards by conducting regular inspections, audits, and compliance assessments.
- Stay updated on emerging air quality regulations, guidelines, and best practices to recommend innovative approaches and technologies for continuous improvement.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and technical documentation, including air quality impact assessments, permit applications, and compliance reports.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to internal stakeholders, regulatory agencies, and the public regarding air quality issues, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Participate in public hearings, community outreach programs, and public education initiatives to raise awareness and address air quality concerns.
- Foster strong relationships and effective communication with regulatory agencies, industry partners, and other stakeholders to promote collaborative problem-solving and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, atmospheric sciences, or a related field. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Proven experience (5 years) working as an Air Quality Engineer or in a similar role, preferably in California or a region with similar air quality challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of air pollution control technologies, emissions monitoring techniques, air quality regulations (including California Air Resources Board - CARB), and environmental impact assessment methodologies.
- Proficiency in air quality modeling software (e.g., AERMOD, CALINE4, CAL3QHC) and experience with statistical analysis tools.
- Familiarity with greenhouse gas emissions inventory development, climate change initiatives, and sustainable practices is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data, conduct technical assessments, and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Professional certifications, such as Professional Engineer (PE), are a plus.
Join our team and make a positive impact on air quality and environmental sustainability in California. Apply today to contribute your expertise and drive positive change!