As a qualified Senior Project Manager, you will support the efforts within our Nashville, Tennessee office. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an established career in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of experience. Candidate should have functional knowledge of project management software platforms and demonstrate team leadership skills. Projects will require working with a multidisciplinary team of engineering, planners, and technicians. The range of project scopes are from preliminary engineering and studies to final design/construction documents.
- High level of leadership, management, and coordination of the municipal/transportation disciplines, marketing, and business development efforts, and client/project/quality/service management.
- Serve as a leader in the growing Engineering Group.
- Responsible for managing project task budgets, work plans, sub-consultants, and schedules.
- Oversee & direct project production team members and schedule multiple projects simultaneously. Lead the development of graphic design packages, proposals, and presentations.
- Initiate and maintain contact with other key Project I Program Lead individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
- Ability to supervise an engineering team, provide adequate management, technical advice, support the members of the project team, and ensure that work is completed as planned and scheduled.
- Strong verbal presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and written communication skills
As a trusted member of our Engineering Group, you will join a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers who collaborate daily, using our combined gifts and talents to continually advance the communities we serve.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, with an emphasis in municipal infrastructure engineering. Licensed or related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- PE registration in Tennessee and at least 10- 15 years of experience civil engineering municipal design experience or private land development experience
- Municipal infrastructure design experience is required
- Experience in utility infrastructures, such as potable water, sanitary sewer, and stormwater systems, are foundational.
- Other areas of infrastructure experience including roadways, parks, and public facilities are a plus.
Experience in business development, marketing, and sales skills.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and organization skills with a positive attitude, and eagerness to learn.
- Collaborative team-minded values.
- Desire to solve challenging problems and help advance our clients.
- Candidate must be able to lead project teams on selected projects.
- Projects may require working with a multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers, architects, and technicians and will range from preliminary engineering to final design/construction documents.
- Must be able to document and present work to team & clients in a clear and concise manner.